GuitarHeroMatt's AoE3 Strategy Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chinese rush mindsets

2 posters

Go down

Chinese rush mindsets Empty Chinese rush mindsets

Post  Wilson_teh_Great Fri Aug 08, 2008 1:20 pm

As the Chinese are a relatively unique civ, I feel they should be handled with a different approach then most other civs. The first unique aspect that you'll want to take advantage of is their housing.

China's villages are sturdy, can receive shipments, give good LOS and can be garrisoned in by villies in an attack. It would be ridiculous to not place them on the frontlines. And by frontlines, I mean literally. Not in the middle of the map, but next to your second hunt or to secure a gold mine or what have you. China's villages should always be built in places where they secure resources; in this way you can make your economy almost as difficult to raid as a Japanese one.

The second unique aspect of the civ is their Monk, which should be taken full advantage of. The Shaolin Master is superior (combat wise) to any other Monk or explorer or even Warchief (warchiefs greatness comes from his aura) so you should make full use of that. The disciple he starts off alongside is faster then most enemy Hero units and can be used to harrass and kill their scouting attempts. The Master himself, coupled with the Disciple, is fully capable of securing a 200 food treasure that is guarded by 3 outlaw riflemen, if he stands near them to force them all into melee that is.
No other Hero can, in the discovery, secure a 200 food treasure all in one attack. The strength of the Shaolin Master is vital to your strategies early on.

The third unique thing about China is their banner armies. You want to be able to get a War Academy immediately on age up - once this is done, you can start training troops. Remember that you can get Ranged Infantry, Heavy Infantry and Cavalry all from the same building, so it's a unit combo advantage for the Chinese player. Scout your enemy; if a stable goes up, the Old Han army mixed with the Ming Army will be good, if a barracks goes up; the Old Han mixed with the Standard army will do well.

The best age up wonder for China's rush is easily the Summer Palace. 400 food and free unit batches, plus LOS on the surrounding area is a great age up.

Your 2nd shipment is extremely dependent on your enemy, and your strategy. If you're rushing, or expecting a powerful rush, you'll always send a unit shipment. Steppe riders is almost always the best shipment. But note that vs civs like India, Japan and Ottomans (who all use heavy infantry rushes) shipping in the Steppe riders is useless. Chu ko nus or Qiang pikes are often better in those situations.
If you're going for an FF, obviously 700 coin is a nice one. If for a fish boom, 700 wood. etc, etc, you have to use your head.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Any questions? Anything I missed? Feel free to give in constructive criticism. Just not flaming, because Wilson is very timid
rabbit

Last edited by Wilson_teh_Great on Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:26 pm; edited 3 times in total

Wilson_teh_Great

Back to top Go down

Chinese rush mindsets Empty Re: Chinese rush mindsets

Post  ~Admin~Kestrel~ Fri Aug 08, 2008 1:49 pm

Good so far, but u should have also said to ship the Steppe Riders first in most situations, either for raiding or facing the most likely outcome, an RI spam.
~Admin~Kestrel~
~Admin~Kestrel~
Admin

https://ghmatts-aoestrats.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Wilson_teh_Great Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:22 pm

Matt, I used to do that, but against some civs it's just retarded. Take Japan and India for example; both use mainly heavy infantry rushes, so shipping in the Steppe riders is virtually useless. Against the heavy infantry civs like Japan, India, Ottomans, etc, I ship in Chu ko nus (or even maybe Qiang pikes to counter their cavalry shipment)

So it's not always a must to ship in Steppe riders, but I'll include it nonetheless.

Wilson_teh_Great

Back to top Go down

Post  ~Admin~Kestrel~ Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:45 am

Well no duh, shipping Steppes against Japan is suicide. Laughing I meant ship them when your either gonna be able to raid them or you know theyre gonna RI spam.
~Admin~Kestrel~
~Admin~Kestrel~
Admin

https://ghmatts-aoestrats.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down