Sioux Teepee Fertility Boom- Sourced from A414A- Tad Patch 1.01a

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sioux Teepee Fertility Boom- Sourced from A414A- Tad Patch 1.01a

Post  ~Admin~Kestrel~ on Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:48 am

For starters, this is pretty tough strat and i donít recommend using this in rated games unless you know what youíre doing.

Notes:
- Take good care of your explorer, heíll be important later on and is just an awesome unit.
- Thereís no reason to go industrial unless your macro sucks and you suddenly have over 2k food and over 1.2k gold
- Mind building placement, build farms and plantations behind teepees, but not too far behind, and build TCís close together (2nd and 3rd TC are in LOS of 1st TC), always make sure you have enough wood.
- The basic of this strat is a simple Sioux fast fortress, if you get rushed and beat his rush you just push with wakinas while booming, but be very careful, losing your military without the protection of your town/teepees is something that could cost you the game.
- This is just a strat I made up while I was improvising, since I lack experience with this civ I canít really tell you whether itís a strong strat or not, but against aggressive, non-booming civs it can really work.

Age1:
Youíll be aging at 3.20 or 3.00, depending on when you have 800 food. Age with 400 wood.
At this point youíll be deciding whether to go 5 AR semi-FF or plain naked FF (this is a matter I leave to you). either way, put 4 vills on gold and rest on food. If going FF, stop gold mining when you have 300, if going semi-FF, keep mining.

Age2:
Age up wood goes to corral and fire pit, send 4 vills and then 700 gold, make 5 AR, raid, and go fortress. During transition put 6/7 vills on wood and divide the rest about 3:1 food:gold.

Age3:
Youíll have a war hut up and you can start spamming wakinas, send 9 wakinas first on most occasions, sometimes 5 rifle riders is necessary (be careful with these, they die quickly but are very effective against cav and art). New vills go to wood, get 3 TCís up as soon as possible, 1000 wood shipment can really help for TCs+teepees if you can afford not sending military shipments for a while. Mind your fire pit, I mostly have about 10 vills on fertility dance if when booming fully.
If you have 3 TCís up, divide teepees nicely and keep your vills safe. Youíll be playing very defensively at this point using wakina+rifle rider combo, teepees give you a nice HP boost.
Now what you will send/create/do really depends on your opponent, but recommended cards are 2 farms (age2), exotic hardwoods (also do market upgrades), teepee cards, and if your wood supplies start growing, the card that letís wakinas build teepees, corrals, and war huts.

View user profile http://ghmatts-aoestrats.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Sioux Teepee Fertility Boom- Sourced from A414A- Tad Patch 1.01a

Post  Derek_Zoolander on Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:09 am

Teepees are a beautiful unit. If you get moved around the map, you can go into a corner, build a bunch of teepees, and that'll make pretty much all of the units in your town 50+ in ranged or hand damage. It can really save you. Plus pathing problems for some units. Nice guide. flower

Derek_Zoolander

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ~Admin~Kestrel~ on Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:27 pm

Teepees are excellent considering the cost, the HP bonus along with pathfinding issues if placed in strategic spots will foil almost all cav raids (except Oprichniks/Massed Steppe Riders/Sioux cav with Siege Dance) However, they can also make an fb really hard to take down, and thanks to these teepees, war huts (moreso with the Town Dance) and exceptionally fast cav, the Sioux have late game map control thats only rivalled by the Japanese.

Back to top Go down

Post  Derek_Zoolander on Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:47 pm

Really? I find that Sioux can't keep up with other economies because they're more hunting based then anything. Though you do get insane amounts of map control from almost all Sioux strats. That's what's fun about them.

Derek_Zoolander

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ~Admin~Kestrel~ on Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:19 am

The good thing about Sioux is, like Russians they get a barracks/outpost merger, and fast raiding cav. Combined, this lets them hole the opponent up and thus take all of the hunts for themselves; the 9 Bison cards are helpful for this also. However, as you stated this would fizzle into the late game due to unspectacular farms, but then again the Sioux were never meant to be massivly late game. A Fortress Fertility Boom and possibly an Age up would be enough to clinch it in most cases.

Back to top Go down

Post  Derek_Zoolander on Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:09 am

I really wanna try Sioux in a NR10\20. I think they could possibly be the best - great booming, hunting cards, Rifle Riders, warcheif ability to kill falcs in 2 hits, etc. That'd be fun to try, dunno if i will ..

Derek_Zoolander

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top