GuitarHeroMatt's AoE3 Strategy Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Otto Semi-FF- Created by Derek_Zoolander- Tad Patch 1.01

2 posters

Go down

Otto Semi-FF- Created by Derek_Zoolander- Tad Patch 1.01 Empty Otto Semi-FF- Created by Derek_Zoolander- Tad Patch 1.01

Post  Derek_Zoolander Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:16 pm

Good for staving off a rush as much as possible while trying to get to fort. You get to fort about 30 seconds later without 4hussars\4abus, but you have a great chance of surviving a rush. Wouldn't suggest it unless you're going against a rusher.

Deck: Otto Semi-FF- Created by Derek_Zoolander- Tad Patch 1.01 Deckns6

BO:
4 Vils to hunts, 2 to crates. As soon as you get 100 wood have one vil build a mosque. Once that's built it goes to the rest of the hunts. Queue Millet System. Have your explorer find the nearest hunts. Send a single vil from hunts to that and keep herding it towards your town. Have explorer go forward and scout the base and of course look for treasures - don't forget you can hit and run coyotes, jaguars, alligators, etc. The vil that was collecting crates builds as many houses as possible then goes to hunts. Set waypoint of TC to the hunt. Keep herding your nearby herd to your town - with luck you can get it directly on your TC. Herding helps increase idle villager time for a quicker age up.

First card 3 vils.

TRANSITION:
At 800 food, age up with 400 wood. Keep scouting the enemy with your explorer. Look for a forward villager. If you have 100 coin, 4 villagers go to nearest mine. If you have 99 or less coin, 5 go to mine. Keep way point to hunts. Keep herding. Keep exploring.

AGE 2:
If you have 300 coin, have 3\4 or 4\5 of the vils go to the wood to collect it. Send 3 Hussars. Once you have all 400 wood collected, 2 go to build rax. Build it defensively - behind your TC. 1 vil goes to build 2 houses. Once they're done, your 700 coin should be there - collect it with the vils. If you see a forward vil, send out minutes to snipe off his vils - 6 minutes will onehitk0 a vil. Then use it to destroy the barracks or whatever they're building. This'll help stall any attack. 3rd Card is 700 coin. Micro your units so that janis go against cavalry and other HI and cavalry get the LI.

TRANSITION:
Age up with Fast age poli. Keep staving off attacks. If they break defenses, and go to your rax\houses, send minutes to the opposite side of whatever they're sieging. If they have grenadiers, you're in luck - minute's get a bonus vs siege troopers (grenadiers)

AGE 3: Send 2 falcs. (5 Spahi for Russia). You should have somewhere around 8-12 Janis 2 falcs, by about 8-8:30. This'll destroy almost any age 2 army - be wary of hussar attacks. If you see them, move your janis to defend the falcs as best as possible. . Don't expect to win with this army - you should at least hurt them a bit though. Destroy a rax or two, take down a tower, take down some houses and troops.

AFTERWARDS:
Send 1000 wood. Build a foundry and 5 houses. Send 5 Abus and build 5 abus and keepbuilding janis. Once you can, get the Galatia Tower District and the veteran Jani upgrades. This hsould be able to beat down the rest of his army. Abus kill everything though - Artillery, LC, LI and HI. Janis kill HC

Derek_Zoolander

Back to top Go down

Otto Semi-FF- Created by Derek_Zoolander- Tad Patch 1.01 Empty Re: Otto Semi-FF- Created by Derek_Zoolander- Tad Patch 1.01

Post  ~Admin~Kestrel~ Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:09 am

Looks good, but why use the same deck for both strats? If you created a different one for each, each respective strat could be better.

Also, get Manchus, not 3 Spahi. 9 Manchus can pwn any cav the opponent will get, then just spam Abus and a few Cav Archers.

Otherwise good. cheers
~Admin~Kestrel~
~Admin~Kestrel~
Admin

https://ghmatts-aoestrats.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Otto Semi-FF- Created by Derek_Zoolander- Tad Patch 1.01 Empty Re: Otto Semi-FF- Created by Derek_Zoolander- Tad Patch 1.01

Post  Derek_Zoolander Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:21 pm

Problem is that in 99% of my games that I'll never have the gold for Mamelucks, let alone 'churians. And an abus\cavarch combo is really really weak on siege - though I have to say that I've been thinking of putting 5 or so cav archers in my army to boost my anti cav - janis are strong, but can't deal out much damage.

Derek_Zoolander

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down