Russian Rush Help?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Russian Rush Help?

Post  brownbeard on Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:46 am

i just started using russians, because it got kind of old using ottomans all the time and i like rushing Very Happy
i usually do this rush i made up where i attack with 10 stretlets and 10 muskets (if i find gold treasure) with a 5 cossack shipment but im always late b/c i always end up attacking
at like 7 mins.... anything im doing wrong? should i make different units? any tips?
discuss.

brownbeard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Russian Rush Help?

Post  ~Admin~Kestrel~ on Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:53 am

7 Minutes is quite slow for Russians... answer these questions and i should be able to find the remedy...

1. How many villies do you advance to Colonial with?
2. What is your first card in Discovery?
3. What is your first card in Colonial?
4. Do you build an fb?

However, when initially pushing with Russians, either go all musks (in case they got cav early, like Germans and Sioux) or all strelets (in most other cases), as if theres only a few of each type, it wont be enough to beat a mass of cavalry or a mass of xbows.

View user profile http://ghmatts-aoestrats.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  ZetoX on Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:47 am

brownbeard wrote:i just started using russians, because it got kind of old using ottomans all the time and i like rushing Very Happy
i usually do this rush i made up where i attack with 10 stretlets and 10 muskets (if i find gold treasure) with a 5 cossack shipment but im always late b/c i always end up attacking
at like 7 mins.... anything im doing wrong? should i make different units? any tips?
discuss.

i see my self as a russian xpert in 1v1 on my skill lvl. (25) its my main civ know played like 200 games with russia in 1v1 and kepp growing in rank. u should be able to atack between 5 and 6 min.
i am working on a strat guide with russia in 1v1. i will post it when its ready.

do u play TAD?? then ur first card is wood trickle else its 300 wood. u wanna age with 14 vils. not any more. u will get some idle time on ur tc. but that u will in all good rushes.u have to sacrifice ur eco to get fast millitary. u wanna age with 400 wood u need the wood to get more houses and some strelets. send 3 vills forward when aging to build fb. u wanna get ur fb up before u hit age 2. so u are ready to spam from first sec. to do this u wanna collect 250 wood in age 1 when u are aging. either with 300 wood card ore with vils on trees. if u wanna go strelet spam u gather 350 wood so u have 100 when u hit age 2. if ur first batch is musket send 2 vils on gold when u start age if u not start with 100 gold. the. u wanna build the first batch of units in the first sec. u hit age 2. send 2 vills to get crates and build houses. keep 2 vils on gold. and the rest of the 10 go on food. will be 12 when u have gathering ur wood. U wanna attack when nu first bath of millitary units came out of blockhouse and u have ur first shipment of units ready also. remember to set homecity gather point on ur block house. i have normal 3 diffrent combos i atack with in my first strike. depends on the civ i play vs and his strat he use. its normal. 5 musk + 10 strelet ore 10 strelet + 5 cossaks ore 10 + 13 strelet. some times 5 musk + 5 cossaks if its vs some i know only go cav. i dont like the last combo. because its a small mass. u always wanna go after his vills first. always on those there are building a barrack ore stable first. when tc start fireing at u. retreat. then ur next batch of units are ready to help u. that would normal be 10 strelet. ore 5 musk if u not build those in the first batch. and then atack again. this time more aggresive. try to get some more vils and then try to take his barrack stable ore a house. and hope he send out minutemen. if he do. retreat and came back 15 sec later. ore if u have cav. take them out with ur cav. u wana kill evry army he try to et up as fast as ur can. ur goal is to outmass him all the time. and try to keep his eco down. and just keep hit and run with ur army. u dint want losing to many troops tp his tc. when u have a mass with like 40 units strat seige his tc ore any millitary build he should have. u should be able to keep build military nonstop. and keep scouting and raid all the vills he try flee with. when u feel u have control over ur enamy send some food from homecity so u can start building vils again. there noraml go like 10 min before i am ready to start building vils again.

card orders.
1: wood trickle/300 wood
2: 5 cossaks.
3:4 cossaks
4: 13 strelet
5-9: recources. like to send food first. so i can start to get vils again.

i feel this strat works vs all civs. accept natives and a nother russia. vs japan and brit and otto i normal ship 13 strelet first and then cossaks. vs others always cossacs first. if u are 2nd leut ore lower u should be able to win almost evry time. just remember to scout well in age 1 and in the start of age 2. because if he start building a stable he will crush u if not u have musk in ur army. and if he dont go cav u just wanna spam strelet. if u are over 2nd leut u might have problems to take otto and japan with this strat. because they age as fast as u and they also have a good chance to out mass u if u not build the units u neeed. otto like 2 ff vs russia. and send 5 spahi. it really hard to take him out before he ship those spahi and they easy kill u. so beware. i have a nother anti otto and japan strat but dont wanna post that know. if u have qustion give me a note and i will answer when i get time.

and to the mods on the site. u are wellcome to edit my gramma. hehe.

ZetoX

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ZetoX on Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:02 am

~Admin~Kestrel~ wrote:7 Minutes is quite slow for Russians... answer these questions and i should be able to find the remedy...

1. How many villies do you advance to Colonial with?
2. What is your first card in Discovery?
3. What is your first card in Colonial?
4. Do you build an fb?

However, when initially pushing with Russians, either go all musks (in case they got cav early, like Germans and Sioux) or all strelets (in most other cases), as if theres only a few of each type, it wont be enough to beat a mass of cavalry or a mass of xbows.

they idea with a fast rush is that u want be sure ur oppenent not get a mass. u wanna out mass him from start. else u will lose.
with russia u normal willl lose in an age 2 fight if ur enamy get a chance to mass cav. because u have weak anti cav. and vs german its so importen to keep pushing and take his uhlan out from start else u will lose vs his big mass of uhlans. german can get like 12 on 8 min + 9 xbow. i normal build 5 musk and ship 5 cossaks and then atack( at 5.00-5.30 min) i backup with 10 strelet to take xbows and vils. u wanna create a snowball effect like mr milo says in his strat guide. its meaning u wanna push him so hard, that u always have like 10 units more then him so u keep killing his army as fast he build in the same time ur own is growing. to make an example. u atack with 10 strelet and 5 cossaks vs french, in se same he jus build a barack. he normal ship 3 hussar, so u kill his hussar pretty easy with 5 cossaks. and when his first 5 musk came out u have killed his hussar and u have 10 more strelet ready. soe it will be like 16 strelt + 4 cossaks( we assume u have lost some to his tc fire) vs his 5 musk and maybe his minute men. and so it will keep going. so keep attacking and outmass him. its the only way to win.

ZetoX

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  brownbeard on Fri Aug 08, 2008 5:10 pm

thx for all the help zetoX, ill try to remember this stuff and go for a higher rank Very Happy

brownbeard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top