GuitarHeroMatt's AoE3 Strategy Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ottoman Petard FF- Sourced from HG- TWC Patch 1.00

Go down

Ottoman Petard FF- Sourced from HG- TWC Patch 1.00 Empty Ottoman Petard FF- Sourced from HG- TWC Patch 1.00

Post  ~Admin~Kestrel~ Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:46 am

I have fallen in love with the petard. It is a unit that is typically not used because in most cases it costs more resources than it does to rebuild the buildings it takes down. So they have to be used EXTREMELY strategically to be efficient. With my experience running ender's powerplay I realized taht the ottomans are perfectly positioned to use them in this manner. Here is a suggested build order:
Step 1) Take a trading post
Step 2) Age 2 w/200gold and a tower
Step 3) Send 700 Gold
Step 4) Send 700 Wood
Step 5) Age 3 w/fast age up option (about 5:30)
Step 6) While your aging 3, you should have a settler forward to build a forward artillery (I prefer to keep it seperate from other forward builds so they don't see it coming)
Step 7) Start building petards
Step Cool Send 5 hussar card
Step 9) Target any tower and their TC with petards, follow it up with your hussar. Kill all remaining vills. They will have no where to garrison.

Note: 4 petards knock a TC down to about 100 hitpoints, so if you don't have enough petards just send 4 to the TC, and then hit it twice with your hussar. It will fall.

After that it's pretty much up to you. You have the choice of keeping them on the defensive with spahi, or sending sheep/gold/tc wagon etc.

If you can't hit their TC effectively. If you can't hit their eco I would suggest taking down their forwards or if your opponent is wood heavy -I would hit their houses. (great against russian).

Have fun guys!
~Admin~Kestrel~
~Admin~Kestrel~
Admin

https://ghmatts-aoestrats.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down