GuitarHeroMatt's AoE3 Strategy Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Japanese Shrine Boom- Sourced from A414A- Tad Patch 1.01a

2 posters

Go down

Japanese Shrine Boom- Sourced from A414A- Tad Patch 1.01a Empty Japanese Shrine Boom- Sourced from A414A- Tad Patch 1.01a

Post  ~Admin~Kestrel~ Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:00 pm

Note that without the 300w start this strat is considerably less effective (read: much much less effective), but i still tend to use it against ports (and most FFs) for an early strong eco and later ashigaru+cav massing since they probably won't be attacking early which still allows you to boom quite effectively.

BO:

from 300w build a consulate (DON'T build a shrine yet), chop 6 wood with 1 vill (until you have 106), then all vils on food.

ally with portuguese as soon as possible and build a shrine (you'll need 10 pop fast to support vill production). because you allied with ports you can age with 680 food. first card is heavenly kami (cheaper and better shrines).

age with the toshugu shrine (preferably at some hunts), you'll age slightly faster than usual, when aging keep 6 vils on food and put the rest on wood (build wonder with 1 or 2 vils).

shrines will now cost 75 wood and u can start spamming them like sick. put the shrines on wood as soon as you age for extra wood supplies. like this you'll have a steady wood income pretty fast.

first 2 shipments in colonial can be any combination of 4 vil/5 ashi/5 yumi cards for either defense or economy. at about 6.30 mins you'll be ready to build 2 barrackses or 1 rax and a stable for dual rax ashi/yumi or inf/cav combo depending on opponent civ/strat. with consulate u can get bestieros, and after that ally with japanese for +10% attack and the upgrade that lets you train in batches of 10. put shrines on whichever resource you need most and you'll see they'll be producing pretty fast (worth at least 15 vils by now)

about the 2nd and 3rd shipments: economic cards (4 vils) against non-agressive civs obviously, but against most civs you'll need the defense boost to hold up. if you're lucky he'll be destroying ur 75w shrines, but sometimes he just gets into ur base annoying your eco and even going for TC early on. this could turn out to be a problem so against heavy inf rushes ALWAYS send both yumi cards first, against mixed HI/RI or inf/cav rushes always send both ashigaru shipments first, use these defensively until you have ur military buildings up and started pumping units.

200 wood start variation: (only use against non-agressive civs) again, build a consulate with the 200 starting wood and put 5 vils on wood, chop 106w, rest of the BO is the same only everything will be slowed down a bit.
~Admin~Kestrel~
~Admin~Kestrel~
Admin

https://ghmatts-aoestrats.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Japanese Shrine Boom- Sourced from A414A- Tad Patch 1.01a Empty agree

Post  wogeg Sun Aug 31, 2008 3:55 am

yes this is what i usually do. shrine booming with new patch that let japanese eco great. and not to mention, Por ally is necessary.
i agree with all of ur statements on the thread. esp DUNT BUILD ANY SHRINE UNTILL U BUILD UP UR CONS!ULATE, this is def how it works!! but i hv a question.
in what timing u r gonna build a market?

i usually build it after i build two or three shrines (usually two) in total and while i am aging up. depending on maps but i usually try to upgrate the upgrates from a market just while im aging up to colonical coz it really affect good eco later esp the upgrade for food gathering rate.

so how do u think about it? ofcoz against like those china or russian rushes, i dun think i should build them otherwise i will be killed by a bunch of anti inf dudes with some pikes.
but i mean purely. overall when do u think a market should be built and upgraded?

wogeg

Back to top Go down

Japanese Shrine Boom- Sourced from A414A- Tad Patch 1.01a Empty Re: Japanese Shrine Boom- Sourced from A414A- Tad Patch 1.01a

Post  ~Admin~Kestrel~ Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:14 am

Build a market either when the inital rush has failed, and you need to strength ur eco a little bit, or when you're winning by a large margin, and have the opportunity without sacrificing micro. Dont build one in the middle of a battle unless you mucked up your macro and need to redistribute resources quickly.
~Admin~Kestrel~
~Admin~Kestrel~
Admin

https://ghmatts-aoestrats.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Japanese Shrine Boom- Sourced from A414A- Tad Patch 1.01a Empty Re: Japanese Shrine Boom- Sourced from A414A- Tad Patch 1.01a

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down