GuitarHeroMatt's AoE3 Strategy Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sioux Pistelero Rush TAD Patch 1.01a

2 posters

Go down

Sioux Pistelero Rush TAD Patch 1.01a Empty Sioux Pistelero Rush TAD Patch 1.01a

Post  Mod~ClamMan Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:14 pm

Hello all!

Has anyone tried Pistolero rushing with Sioux? So far I have found it way more effective than pure Club rushing and it only takes 20 seconds longer to receive 10 pistoleros instead of 7 clubs and Pistoleros are better in any aspect: more RANGED attack than clubs have melee, more hack armor and same HP and you get more of them.
I am a low level player and my opponents arenīt rated very high AND this propably isnīt working on any higher levels but still tips appreciated.

necessary cards:
* 3 villagers for obvious reasons
* 7 War Clubs for extra siege
* 10 Pistoleros, the key of the strategy
* 700 gold for aging quickly to fortress age if rush fails
* 4 Axe Riders and/or 2 Dog Soldiers to take care of light infantry defences

So, normal discovery age where you should concentrate on finding as much wood/gold treasures as possible and convert only outlaw riflemen, pirates, outlaw pistoleros or polar bears.

Age up with the Chief politician / 15 villagers, but if you have more than 150 food missing after 15th villager is ready queue one and go up with 16.

Transition:
-send 2-3 villagers forward to build a War Hut
-depending on your current gold which is propably 0-200 put 8-10 villagers on gold and depending on wood situation 5-8 on wood. You should have a War Hut up upon aging and 500 gold ready that you can ship the pistoleros as soon as possible
-after gathering 250 wood build a forward WH and leave 3 villagers on wood, rest go to hunt
-after gathering 500 gold switch all villagers to food
-queue 2 villagers

Colonial Age:
-task 2 villagers to collect the aging up wood
-Ship 10 Pistoleros right away and make sure that they arrive to your forward base
-queue as many War Clubs as you can
-attack when you have the Pistoleros and 5 or 10 War clubs, when pistoleros arrive you have some 15 seconds before 2nd batch of War Clubs are ready.

Attack:
* depending on your opponentīs defences, ship either 7 War Clubs for more siege or 4 Axe Riders to help taking down Ranged Infantry defences.
* If your opponent has shipped colonial militia leave the strategy and send 700 gold as the third card
* Keep spamming War Clubs and make sure that your WH gather point is set to the enemy base
* Keep training villagers

General tips:
* From my experiences this doesnīt work usually vs Dutch because they either send colonial militia or have 10 Skirmishers which will deal with Pistoleros and Clubs very well
* if your opponent has strong ranged infantry defences such as horde of stretlets or longbowmen ship 700 gold and go as soon as possible to fortress age and gather wood for a Corral.
*If you want to completely surprise your opponent hide your War Hut in a corner of the map; when he sees that you are gathering gold he might think that you are FFing and will FF himself and then you have an easy job taking down the enemy base before he can age up
* Pistoleros act just like Musketeers, but they are slow and they have a bad rate of fire so keep your war chief around and keep hit-n-running with pistoleros if your enemy has Musketeers or Rodeleros as defence.

Will post rec games later.

Mod~ClamMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Sioux Pistelero Rush TAD Patch 1.01a Empty Re: Sioux Pistelero Rush TAD Patch 1.01a

Post  ~Admin~Kestrel~ Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:43 pm

I would provide feedback, but honestly I have no idea how to play Sioux clown

However, from face value it looks cool, although I would get Derek to look into it if I were you. Wink
~Admin~Kestrel~
~Admin~Kestrel~
Admin

https://ghmatts-aoestrats.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Sioux Pistelero Rush TAD Patch 1.01a Empty Re: Sioux Pistelero Rush TAD Patch 1.01a

Post  Mod~ClamMan Sat Aug 02, 2008 7:30 pm

Yeah i'll ask derek when I see him if it's good. GS said kiljardi used it though. Twisted Evil

Mod~ClamMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ~Admin~Kestrel~ Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:34 am

Well, in that case its probably some good... Surprised
~Admin~Kestrel~
~Admin~Kestrel~
Admin

https://ghmatts-aoestrats.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down