GuitarHeroMatt's AoE3 Strategy Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

British Counter FF- Created by homerun- Tad Patch 1.01a

3 posters

Go down

British Counter FF- Created by homerun- Tad Patch 1.01a Empty British Counter FF- Created by homerun- Tad Patch 1.01a

Post  homerun Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:53 am

Well this is a counter fast fortress strat for british and works well
AGE 1
Start out training 3 vils from crates send 5 vils to food the rest on wood (all vils trained go on wood). 1st shipment is cheap manors when that shipment arrives start making manors all vils from manors go to wood (use the shit key to make it go faster and set gather point to make up a lot of time) 2nd shipment should be 3 vils. Age up when possible (400 wood person) keep making manors. When you have 10 vils on wood put vils from manors on food que up a few vils from tc.
AGE 2
Make a barracks when possible to do this you must stop manor production for a while keep making vils from tc. When you have 15 vils on food and wood put vils on gold until you have 10 then put 20 vils on gold 20 vils on food and 10 vils on wood. Start making Longbows your 3nd shipment is 6 muskets keep maiking longbows until you have 30 then start making muskets untill you have 20. Age up and attack with men (age up with 400 wood and boat) during age up make 1 more barracks and a artilery foundy.
AGE 3
Hopefully your longbows and muskets did a lot of dammage to his eco and millatary this will help a lot. Make 45 muskets 5 falcontes rechearch better muskets and longbows. Send 2 falconets card (and if you have another shipment ready send 1 falconet). Attack with that army work on age up now. If your muskets and longbows destroyed then enemy town and are allive attack other town to dammage him a bit and prepare for your other army.
AGE 4
Reshearch redcoats and field guns if needed make plantations and mills. I have never had this happen to me but if you have the resources age up once more
AGE 5
If you are in age 5 it means either 2 things you suck or your oppenet did a good job deffending your rushes reshearch imp. redcoats and imp. field guns start making vils again from your tc (you should have 50 vils at the moment) and keep making 45 muskets 5 field guns (if you want you can also have 10 feild guns 40 muskets).

DO NOT USE THIS AGAINST ANY RUSH USE ONLY AGAINST FF OR YOU WILL DIE Twisted Evil

homerun

Back to top Go down

British Counter FF- Created by homerun- Tad Patch 1.01a Empty Re: British Counter FF- Created by homerun- Tad Patch 1.01a

Post  ~Admin~Kestrel~ Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:44 pm

Again, I will remind all members. Exclamation Please put the source of the strat and the patch designed for in the subject heading, so that these can be organised in terms of reliability and relevance. I will edit this thread accordingly to give an example, but please try to do this yourselves Exclamation

Concerning the strat, this looks like it will be able to fend off an ff nicely through early pressure. However, my main concern is that this strat will actually be slower than the opponent's FF, and the opponent could easily get artillery by the time you attack ,either through a shipment or via an artillery foundry (in which case this strat gets pwned Sad ) Considering that you stop making manors for a large period and ship musketeers instead of villagers, you probably wont be able to get 50 villagers and age up until around 15 minutes, by which time a good opponent will have a far superior eco, more military units, Industrial Age on the horizon, or any combination of these.

Whilst there is good potential here, this strat just seems too slow, possibly the British fault. Dutch could be better at this with a Bank Semi FF, or FF Turtle. Ill post some tips for improvement, but tbh depending on the feedback from other members, this may or may not get deleted.

Tips for improvement...
1.Ship 3 villies first, this provides a much better economic boost than cheap manors early on, and is much more versatile.
2.If you want to cheapen manors in the future, I would suggest Exotic Hardwoods instead. Although this provides les of a benefit specifically to manors, it is again more versatile, and affects everything from manors to longbow training to unit upgrades. Exotic Hardwoods is beneficial throughout the game, Virginia Company will save you 1000 wood max, which although is good for a discovery age cardm is easily superseded in most cases by the benefits of Exotic Hardwoods.
3. The Brits dont get a 400 wood politician, that would be OP. Instead, use the 500 food politician since the enemy isnt rushing, and gather wood during the tranisition whilst building more manors during that time. This enables you to continue your eco during age up, whilst the opponent most likely stalls.
4.Shipping crates early on is much better than eco cards right at the beginning, any Otto player will tell you that Smile These provide a much more instant effect, and let you either boom very quickly momentarily, or add a lot of troops to your army if the villagers are gathering from the appropriate sources. Use eco cards later when you're winning.
5. Never stop villie production from both sources, otherwise the Brits get stomped by an FF, even with these measures.
6. Use the Longbowman Politican unless its a water map, thats approximately 500 extra VS than wasting a caravel.
~Admin~Kestrel~
~Admin~Kestrel~
Admin

https://ghmatts-aoestrats.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

British Counter FF- Created by homerun- Tad Patch 1.01a Empty Re: British Counter FF- Created by homerun- Tad Patch 1.01a

Post  Mod~ClamMan Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:07 pm

Hmm might try thanks matty. Also make me admin.

Mod~ClamMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ~Admin~Kestrel~ Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:33 pm

Yeah I will, I was just afk for an hour.
~Admin~Kestrel~
~Admin~Kestrel~
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mod~ClamMan Sat Aug 02, 2008 7:31 pm

Just an idea. Why do we have outdated strats?

Mod~ClamMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ~Admin~Kestrel~ Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:31 am

The point is, these strats are still applicable after the patches, in most cases. Also, most of the sources Ive referenced these from had these strats created a while ago, and not been modified since. If anyone can find more updated sources for strats then let me know.
~Admin~Kestrel~
~Admin~Kestrel~
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mod~ClamMan Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:55 am

Ok will do.

Mod~ClamMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down